- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's London 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Crowne Plaza London—The City
At a Glance
- good prices available with advance booking
- great location near the river and transport
- neighborhood is super-busy during the day and empty at night
Check Rates from our Partners
Crowne Plaza London—The City Review
Don't let the hotel's all-business appearance put you off—it's a polished operation, with stylish minimalist rooms, and just steps from the gleaming new Blackfriars tube and train station in one direction, and bustling Fleet Street in the other. The hotel occupies the shell of an old stationery warehouse, on the former site of Henry VIII's Bridewell Palace, and rooms, in cool shades of gray and cream, have soundproof windows to block out city noise. There are two restaurants: Refettorio serves high-quality rustic Italian cuisine, and the fabulously named Chinese Cricket Club specialises in modern Sichuan cooking. The Black Friar pub, directly opposite the hotel, is one of London's true hidden gems—check out its stunning art deco back room.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
Hub and I are arriving in London on the Eurostar and need to get to Fleet River Bakery, near the Holburn tube stop. Read more
· News & Features
The new Rosewood London is London's latest luxury property, touting a hip twist on Edwardian style, complete ... Read more
'Tis the season at London Heathrow, which almost seems like a giant shopping mall with an airport attached.... Read more
The beacons of hotel-cool are at it again, this time across the pond.... Read more