- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's London 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Bankside Gallery Review
Two artistic societies—the Royal Society of Painter–Printmakers and the Royal Watercolour Society—have their headquarters in this gallery next to Tate Modern. Together they mount exhibitions of current members' work, which is usually for sale, along with art books, making this a great place for finding that exclusive, not too expensive gift. There are also regular themed exhibitions.
- Address: 48 Hopton St., Southwark, London, SE1 9JH | Map It
- Phone: 020/7928–7521
- Cost: Free
- Hours: Daily 11–6, but may vary as gallery closes for short periods between exhibitions, call ahead
- Website: www.banksidegallery.com
- Tube: Blackfriars, Southwark, St. Paul's.
- Location: The South Bank
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
Hello fellow travelers!
So my family and I (2 adults, 2 teenage girls) will be visiting England and Ireland this summer. We will be spending 5 nights in London in our own flat. Then exploring the res Read more
· News & Features
The new Rosewood London is London's latest luxury property, touting a hip twist on Edwardian style, complete ... Read more
'Tis the season at London Heathrow, which almost seems like a giant shopping mall with an airport attached.... Read more
The beacons of hotel-cool are at it again, this time across the pond.... Read more