- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's London 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Regent's Park Open-Air Theatre
Regent's Park Open-Air Theatre Review
There have been works by Shakespeare performed here every summer since 1932, with casts including luminaries such as Vivien Leigh, Dame Judi Dench, and Damien Lewis. Today it also mounts productions of classic plays, musicals, and shows for family audiences. However, A Midsummer Night's Dream is the one to catch, if it's on—never has that enchanted Greek wood been better evoked, especially if enhanced by genuine birdsong and a rising moon. There's a covered restaurant for pre-theater dining, as well as a barbeque, a buffet, pre-booked picnic boxes, and, of course, a bar. The park can get chilly, so bring a blanket. Performances are rain or shine (umbrellas aren't allowed) with refunds only in case of very heavy downpours.
- Address: Inner Circle, Regent's Park, London, NW1 4NU | Map It
- Phone: 0844/826–4242 tickets; 0844/375–3460 enquiries
- Cost: £25–£55
- Hours: May–mid-Sept., evening performances at 8, matinees at 2:30
- Website: www.openairtheatre.org
- Tube: Baker St., Regent's Park.
- Location: Regent's Park and Hampstead
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I recently got back from a wonderful trip to Budapest, with overnight layovers in London coming and going. Read more
Happened to log on and noticed a couple of people asking how we got on in London! Read more
My wife and I are planning a trip to London in June. Read more
· News & Features
The new Rosewood London is London's latest luxury property, touting a hip twist on Edwardian style, complete ... Read more
'Tis the season at London Heathrow, which almost seems like a giant shopping mall with an airport attached.... Read more
The beacons of hotel-cool are at it again, this time across the pond.... Read more