- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's London 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Regent's Park Open-Air Theatre
Regent's Park Open-Air Theatre Review
The theater has mounted productions of Shakespeare every summer since 1932; everyone from Vivien Leigh to Jeremy Irons has performed here. Today it also hosts other plays, musicals, concerts, and comedy shows. However, A Midsummer Night's Dream is the one to catch, if it's on—never is that enchanted Greek wood more lifelike than it is here, enhanced by genuine birdsong and a rising moon. You can buy light suppers or choose from a (somewhat limited) barbecue selection in the evening, or prebook a picnic lunch for matinees. The park can get chilly, so bring a blanket; only very heavy rain stops the plays, in which case you can exchange your ticket (umbrellas aren't allowed during performances).
- Address: Inner Circle, Regent's Park, London, NW1 4NR | Map It
- Phone: 0844/826–4242 tickets; 0844/375–3460 enquiries
- Cost: £15–£45
- Hours: June–mid-Sept., evening performances at 8, matinees at 2:30
- Website: www.openairtheatre.org
- Tube: Baker St., Regent's Park.
- Location: Regent's Park and Hampstead
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
Alright, seasoned travelers, here is a very rough sketch of my itinerary for the summer. Read more
· News & Features
The new Rosewood London is London's latest luxury property, touting a hip twist on Edwardian style, complete ... Read more
'Tis the season at London Heathrow, which almost seems like a giant shopping mall with an airport attached.... Read more
The beacons of hotel-cool are at it again, this time across the pond.... Read more