- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's London 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The Main House
At a Glance
- unique and unusual place
- charming and helpful owners
- three-night-minimum stay is restrictive
- few in-house services
Check Rates from our Partners
The Main House Review
A stay in this delightfully welcoming B&B feels more like sleeping over at a friend's house than in a hotel—albeit a particularly wealthy and well-connected friend. Each guest suite is spread across one floor of the converted Victorian town house. Guest rooms are spacious and uncluttered, with clean white linens, polished wood floors, modern furniture, and Asian art. There's a little urban terrace, which is a lovely spot for retreating with a glass of wine or the morning paper. Guests enjoy special rates at a local gym, swimming pool, and spa, and get a discount for breakfast at the trendy Tom's Deli nearby (owned by Tom Conran).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
Alright, seasoned travelers, here is a very rough sketch of my itinerary for the summer. Read more
· News & Features
The new Rosewood London is London's latest luxury property, touting a hip twist on Edwardian style, complete ... Read more
'Tis the season at London Heathrow, which almost seems like a giant shopping mall with an airport attached.... Read more
The beacons of hotel-cool are at it again, this time across the pond.... Read more