Fodor's London 25 Best
Mobile AppDownload London - Fodor's Travel for FREE!
London Canal Museum
London Canal Museum Review
This quirky little museum, dedicated to the rise and fall of London's once-extensive canal network, is based in the former warehouse of ice-cream maker, Carlo Gatti (hence it also partly features the ice cream trade as well as London's canals). Children enjoy the activity zone and learning about Henrietta, the museum's horse. Outside, on the Battlebridge Basin, float in the painted narrowboats of modern canal dwellers—a stone's throw from the hustle and bustle of St. Pancras International train station. You can walk to the museum along the towpath from Camden Lock—download a free audio tour from the museum's website to accompany the route.
- Address: 12–13 New Wharf Rd., King's Cross, London, N1 9RT | Map It
- Phone: 020/7713–0836
- Cost: £4
- Hours: Tues.–Sun. and holiday Mon. 10–4:30; last admission 30 mins before closing. First Thurs. in month open until 7:30.
- Website: www.canalmuseum.org.uk
- Subway: King's Cross
- Location: Regent's Park and Hampstead
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In a couple of days we will be off to London and Italy. Traveling with my husband (DH) and 2 children (10 & 13) DD and DS. We are off... Read more
Aided by every guide book and travel video ever created about Scotland, a lifetime of my father's stories about the family clan, and ... Read more