- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's London 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
London Canal Museum
London Canal Museum Review
This quirky little museum, dedicated to the rise and fall of London's once-extensive canal network, is based in the former warehouse of ice-cream maker, Carlo Gatti (hence it also partly features the ice cream trade as well as London's canals). Children enjoy the activity zone and learning about Henrietta, the museum's horse. Outside, on the Battlebridge Basin, float in the painted narrowboats of modern canal dwellers—a stone's throw from the hustle and bustle of St. Pancras International train station. You can walk to the museum along the towpath from Camden Lock—download a free audio tour from the museum's website to accompany the route.
- Address: 12–13 New Wharf Rd., King's Cross, London, N1 9RT | Map It
- Phone: 020/7713–0836
- Cost: £4
- Hours: Tues.–Sun. and holiday Mon. 10–4:30; last admission 30 mins before closing. First Thurs. in month open until 7:30.
- Website: www.canalmuseum.org.uk
- Tube: King's Cross.
- Location: Regent's Park and Hampstead
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
For the time being, keep your Mediterranean give me North of England locations with the sun shining in Spring.
We dusted off our ‘Walks in the Forest of Bowland’ a Cicerone Guide written by Read more
I recently got back from a wonderful trip to Budapest, with overnight layovers in London coming and going. Read more
First I want to thank everyone who responded to my post last year which made our trip a success. Read more
· News & Features
The new Rosewood London is London's latest luxury property, touting a hip twist on Edwardian style, complete... Read more
'Tis the season at London Heathrow, which almost seems like a giant shopping mall with an airport attached.... Read more
The beacons of hotel-cool are at it again, this time across the pond.... Read more