- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's London 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Jewish Museum Review
This fascinating museum on the history of the Jewish people in British contains precious little from before the 17th century–and with good reason. Judaism was outlawed in England for almost four centuries, until the Jews were finally allowed to settle once more in 1656. "History: A British Story" provides a general overview of this and other facets of the Jewish story in Britain over the centuries, through a mix of rare artifacts and interactive displays. The Holocaust Gallery features the incredible story of Leon Greenman (1910–2008), a British Jew who survived six concentration camps, including Auschwitz, to become a prominent anti-racism campaigner. Other highlights include a recreation of a street from the Victorian-era Jewish quarter of London's East End. There's a free overview of the collection on the ground floor, including a medieval mikveh (ritual bath), excavated a few miles from here in 2001.
- Address: Raymond Burton House, 129–131 Albert St., Camden Town, London, NW1 7NB | Map It
- Phone: 020/7284–7384
- Cost: £7.50
- Hours: Sun.–Thurs. 10–5, Fri. 10–2; last admission 30 min before closing. Closed on major Jewish festivals
- Website: www.jewishmuseum.org.uk
- Tube: Camden Town.
- Location: Regent's Park and Hampstead
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
Alright, seasoned travelers, here is a very rough sketch of my itinerary for the summer. Read more
· News & Features
The new Rosewood London is London's latest luxury property, touting a hip twist on Edwardian style, complete ... Read more
'Tis the season at London Heathrow, which almost seems like a giant shopping mall with an airport attached.... Read more
The beacons of hotel-cool are at it again, this time across the pond.... Read more