- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's London 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Jewish Museum Review
This fascinating museum tells the story of the Jewish people in Britain from 1066 to today (including the period between the 13th and 17th centuries when Judaism was outlawed in England) through a combination of art, religious artifacts, photographs, manuscripts, and interactive displays. Highlights include a re-creation of a Jewish East End street from the Victorian era and an exhibit about the 10,000 Jewish refugee children who came to Britain just in time, although without their parents, as part of the Kindertransport. There are also temporary themed exhibitions, such as Jews in Football (soccer) or the life of Amy Winehouse. There's a free overview of the collection on the ground floor, including a medieval mikveh (ritual bath), excavated a few miles from here in 2001.
- Address: Raymond Burton House, 129–131 Albert St., Camden Town, London, NW1 7NB | Map It
- Phone: 020/7284–7384
- Cost: £7.50
- Hours: Sun.–Wed. 10–5, Thurs. 10–9, Fri. 10–2; last admission 30 min before closing. Closed on major Jewish holidays.
- Website: www.jewishmuseum.org.uk
- Tube: Camden Town.
- Location: Regent's Park and Hampstead
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
For the time being, keep your Mediterranean give me North of England locations with the sun shining in Spring.
We dusted off our ‘Walks in the Forest of Bowland’ a Cicerone Guide written by Read more
I recently got back from a wonderful trip to Budapest, with overnight layovers in London coming and going. Read more
First I want to thank everyone who responded to my post last year which made our trip a success. Read more
· News & Features
The new Rosewood London is London's latest luxury property, touting a hip twist on Edwardian style, complete... Read more
'Tis the season at London Heathrow, which almost seems like a giant shopping mall with an airport attached.... Read more
The beacons of hotel-cool are at it again, this time across the pond.... Read more