- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's London 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Spread over 2.5 acres next to Borough Market, Vinopolis allows you to sample wines from around the world. Wine-tasting packages start at £27 (which includes seven drink tokens), some with an option to taste various spirits in addition to the wines. There are also five restaurants and themed events like comedy nights (check online for details). If anything strikes your fancy, two independent retailers have outlets (one specializing in whisky, the other in wine) on the premises. You should allow at least two hours for a tour.
- Address: 1 Bank End, Borough, London, SE1 9BU | Map It
- Phone: 020/7940–8300
- Cost: From £27
- Hours: Wed. 6–9:30 (last admission 7:30); Thurs. and Fri. 2–9 (last admission 7:30), Sat. noon–9:30 (last admission 7:30), Sun. 1–6 (last entry at 2)
- Website: vinopolis.co.uk
- Tube: London Bridge.
- Location: The South Bank
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Happened to log on and noticed a couple of people asking how we got on in London! Read more
Last night I had dinner in the Aqua restaurant in the Shard, on the 31st floor, with my colleagues, to celebrate a profitable six months, and the hard work and long hours put in by the team Read more
Hi to All, As usual, I'm starting my TR ahead of the trip (about a month) so others can gauge how much pre-planning they need. Read more
· News & Features
The new Rosewood London is London's latest luxury property, touting a hip twist on Edwardian style, complete ... Read more
'Tis the season at London Heathrow, which almost seems like a giant shopping mall with an airport attached.... Read more
The beacons of hotel-cool are at it again, this time across the pond.... Read more