Dwarfed by its neighbor, Westminster Abbey, St. Margaret's was founded in the 11th century and rebuilt between 1488 and 1523. It's the unofficial parish church of the House of Commons—Winston Churchill tied the knot here in 1908. Samuel Pepys, Geoffrey Chaucer, and John Milton worshipped here, and since 1681, a pew off the south aisle has been set aside for the Speaker of the House (look for the carved portcullis). The stained glass in the north windows is classically
Victorian, facing abstract glass from John Piper in the south, replacing the originals, which were ruined in World War II.
St. Margaret's St., Parliament Sq., London, SW1P 3JX, England