- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Making the Most of Your Time
Saturday is Notting Hill and Portobello Road's most fun and frenetic day. You could easily spend the whole day shopping, eating, and drinking here.
The market can get crowded by noon in warm weather so come early if you are serious about shopping.
You may prefer to start at the end of Portobello Road and work backward, using the parks for relaxation after your shopping exertions. Do the same on Friday if you're a flea-market fan.
Sunday, the Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens railings all along Bayswater Road are lined with artists peddling their (often dubious) work, which may slow your progress.
This is also the day when the well-heeled locals are out in force, filling the pubs at lunchtime or hitting the parks with their kids if it's sunny.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe