- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
London Chain Hotel Primer
England has a number of hotel chains—worth considering—some are moderately priced, others are luxurious. Here's a quick run-down of our favorites:
easyhotel: One of the first chains to bring so-called "pod hotels" to London, the easyhotel chain specializes in very cheap (less than £50 a night for a double) rooms that are clean, secure and offer all the basics, but are teeny-tiny, and have no extras at all. www.easyhotel.com.
Grange Hotels: This chain includes a good mix of large and small hotels, with reliable (if somewhat dull) neutral decor, good service, and plenty of gadgets for business travelers. Prices vary, although most are moderately priced. www.grangehotels.com.
Malmaison: With lavish, elegant small hotels around the country, this upscale chain offers luxurious designer style, good restaurants, and trendy bars. www.malmaison.com.
Millennium: Similar in style to Premier Inns, Millennium (and its other brand, Copthorne) hotels are targeted at both business and leisure travelers. They offer well-designed rooms with plenty of gadgets and have frequent sales. www.millenniumhotels.co.uk.
myhotel: A small chain of pricey boutique hotels, with a designer decor, trendy bars, and a modern approach, myhotels offer reliable comfort and service, if you don't mind the price tag. www.myhotels.com.
Premier Inns: This widespread chain features medium-size, moderately priced hotels. They're known for their attractive if bland look, and for frequent sales, which keep prices cheap. www.premierinn.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $133 & up -- London: 4-Star Hotel near City Center, $200 Off Mercure London Bridge Hotel
- $1999 -- British Isles: 7-Night Windstar Cruise, 70% Off Windstar Cruises
- $1799 & up -- 'World's Best': Luxe European Cruises, 70% Off — $1,799 Windstar Cruises