- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
Heights of Abraham Country Park and Caverns
Heights of Abraham Country Park and Caverns Review
At Matlock Bath, 2 miles south of Matlock, river and valley views unfold from the curving line of buildings that makes up the village. Aside from riverside strolls, the major attraction is the cable-car ride across the River Derwent that takes you to this park on the crags above, with a visitor center and café. The all-inclusive ticket allows access to the woodland walks and nature trails of the 60-acre park, as well as entry to a cavern and a guided descent into an old lead mine, where workers toiled by candlelight.
- Address: A6, Matlock Bath, DE4 3PD | Map It
- Phone: 01629/582365
- Cost: £13.50 cable car, park, exhibition, and caverns
- Hours: Mid-Feb.–late Feb. and mid-Mar.–early Nov., daily 10–4:30; early to mid-Mar., weekends 10–4:30. Closes 5 at peak times..
- Website: www.heightsofabraham.com
- Location: Matlock
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
We are planning a two week trip in Europe in July. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more