- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
Pier Head Review
Here you can take a ferry across the River Mersey to Birkenhead and Seacombe. Mersey Ferries depart regularly and offer fine views of the city—a journey celebrated in "Ferry 'Cross the Mersey," Gerry and the Pacemakers' 1964 hit song. It was from Pier Head that 9 million British, Irish, and other European emigrants set sail between 1830 and 1930 for new lives in North America, Australia, and Africa. The ferry terminal is home to the Beatles Story, so you might want to make this the last stop on your Beatles tour.
- Address: Pier Head Ferry Terminal, off A5036, Waterfront, Liverpool, L3 1DR | Map It
- Phone: 0151/330–1444
- Cost: £4 round-trip, cruises £8; with U-Boat Story £12.
- Hours: Ferries every 20 mins weekdays 7:20–9:40 and 4:10–7:05; cruises hourly weekdays 10–3, weekends 10–6
- Website: www.merseyferries.co.uk
- Location: Liverpool
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
For the time being, keep your Mediterranean give me North of England locations with the sun shining in Spring.
We dusted off our ‘Walks in the Forest of Bowland’ a Cicerone Guide written by Read more
I recently got back from a wonderful trip to Budapest, with overnight layovers in London coming and going. Read more
I am planning to backpack some parts of Europe. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more