International Slavery Museum
International Slavery Museum Review
On the third floor of the Maritime Museum, this museum's three dynamic galleries recount the history of transatlantic slavery and trace its significance in contemporary society. "Life in West Africa" reproduces a Nigerian Igbo compound; life aboard slaveships bound for the Americas is revealed in the "Enslavement and the Middle Passage" section; and "Legacies of Slavery" examines the effect of the African diaspora on contemporary society.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's