- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The entire region is well served by trains from London's Liverpool Street and King's Cross stations. The quality and convenience of these services varies enormously, however. Cambridge trains leave from King's Cross and Liverpool Street, take around one hour, and cost between £15 and £22. On the other hand, getting to Lincoln from King’s Cross entails at least one transfer, takes two to three hours, and costs £26 to £87, depending on when you travel. Tickets for trains between London and Lincoln can be a fraction of the price if you buy online in advance. A good way to save money on local trains in East Anglia is to buy an Anglia Plus Ranger Pass. It costs £17 for one day or £34 for three days, and allows unlimited rail travel in Norfolk, Suffolk, and part of Cambridgeshire. You can add up to four kids for an extra £2 each.
East Midlands Trains (0845/712–5678. www.eastmidlandstrains.co.uk.)
First Capital Connect (0845/026–4700. www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk.)
Greater Anglia (0845/600–7245. www.greateranglia.co.uk.)
National Rail Enquiries (0845/748–4950. www.nationalrail.co.uk.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's