- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
This seaside town is an idyllic place to spend a day. The old-fashioned beach huts that huddle together against the wind on the shingle beach, all painted in bright colors, make an eye-catching sight. In the town center a pleasing ensemble of old houses faces the main street and surrounds the central green. The Church of St. Edmund dates to the 15th century.
Southwold at a Glance
Elsewhere in East Anglia
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's