- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
Orford Ness Review
A short boat ride beyond Orford Quay lies mysterious Orford Ness, Europe's biggest vegetated shingle spit. A 5-mile-long path takes you through beaches and salt marshes to see migrating and native birds and to discover the secret past of the spit—from 1913 until the mid-1980s it served as a military site. The first experiments with radar were carried out here in the 1930s. If you'd rather sit than walk, take the tractor-drawn trailer tour on the first Saturday of the month, July through September (reservations essential).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
My husband and I are planning our first trip to Europe this summer (July), and after months of debate, we've decided to forgo the "tour" route and plan the whole thing ourselves. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more