East Anglia Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Breathtakingly lovely, the Broads are a network of rivers and canals that stretch for about 150 miles across East Anglia, mostly in North Norfolk. It's a unique landscape of glassy waters, reed-covered marshlands, and impossibly photogenic windmills. At sunset, the whole area turns the color of honey.
The Broads can be seen fleetingly from your car window, but it's nothing compared to floating through them on a boat.
Broads Tours. Based in Wroxham, 7 miles northeast of Norwich, Broads Tours offers day cruises around the area, as well as cruiser boat rentals for a few days or a few weeks. The Bridge, Wroxham, NR12 8RX. 01603/782207. www.broads.co.uk.
You can also see much of the Broads by bike.
Broadland Cycle Hire. Located 8 miles northeast of Norwich, Broadland Cycle Hire charges £15 per day for rental (with discounts for couples and families). The company can recommend several good bike routes. Horning Rd., Hoveton, NR2 8DZ. 07887/480331. www.norfolkbroadscycling.co.uk.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's