- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
The Daffodil Review
This restaurant proves that turning up the wow quotient doesn't always mean a drop in culinary standards. Housed in a former art deco cinema, the place is themed along 1920s lines. It's dimly lighted, with sweeping staircases and an open kitchen where the screen once stood; the best view is from the Circle Bar. The menu features twice-baked Double Gloucester soufflé, oxtail pudding with beef fillet, and slow-roasted pork belly. Afterward, indulge in a popcorn pannacotta, or a platter of cheeses with quince chutney. There's live jazz on Monday evening and lunchtime on Saturday. Early-evening and lunch menus are a good deal.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
Alright, seasoned travelers, here is a very rough sketch of my itinerary for the summer. Read more
· News & Features
Author Rachel Joyce got to know the English countryside incredibly well while researching her recently ... Read more
For a taste of ancient relaxation, visit the Roman Baths and Pump Room at Bath, England.... Read more
London is 2012's "it" spot, with its popularity booming as it hunkers down to host the Olympics... Read more