- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Queensberry Hotel Review
Intimate and elegant, this boutique hotel in a residential street near the Circus occupies three 1772 town houses built by John Wood the Younger for the marquis of Queensberry; it's a perfect marriage of chic sophistication, homey comforts, and attentive service. Renovations have preserved the Regency stucco ceilings and cornices and marble tile on the fireplaces, and each room is individually decorated in contemporary style. Four terraced gardens invite a summer aperitif, and downstairs is the excellent, understated Olive Tree restaurant.
Immerse yourself in Bath's 18th-century flavor at this smart, select, and sophisticated lodging; its just a stone's throw from such iconic Bath sights as The Circus and the Royal Crescent. From the valet parking on arrival to the evening turn-down, the Queensberry radiates a polished, 21st-century style. The hotel is a contemporary conversion of Georgian townhouses designed by one of Bath's foremost architects, John Wood the Younger, and includes plush but minimalist lounges and a walled garden. Rooms are highly individual: those in the eaves have rooftop vistas, others are in former drawing rooms with grand proportions. The Olive Tree is one of Bath's classiest restaurants, with a cutting-edge menu of Modern British dishes.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $155 & Up: Westfield House 4-Star Hotel in Bristol Expedia
- Bristol Savings! Book at Days Inn Bristol M5 Fr $77+/Nt Expedia
- Book 4-Star Marriott Bristol City Centre Fr $124+/Nt — $124 Save with Expedia, $62/night less
- Small budget: Book The Clifton 3 Nts in May Fr $87+/Nt — $87 Save with Expedia, $10/night less
- Special deal: 4-Star Bristol Marriott Royal Fr $154+/Nt — $154 Expedia
We recently came back from a one week trip to London and found it thrilling. Read more
As promised I am making recommendations for places as separate threads so that they will be easily searchable when others are looking for recommendations.
Pubs: (New Town)
The Queen's Arms (Frederick Read more
Never taken an "Alone" trip before but it's about time! Read more
· News & Features
Author Rachel Joyce got to know the English countryside incredibly well while researching her recently... Read more
For a taste of ancient relaxation, visit the Roman Baths and Pump Room at Bath, England.... Read more
London is 2012's "it" spot, with its popularity booming as it hunkers down to host the Olympics... Read more