- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
Surrounded by forests, Hillerød is an ordinary small city with some extraordinary features: it's home to the lovely Frederiksborg Castle and within a short drive of the ruins of two medieval monestaries, at Æbelholt and Esrum. Nowadays the town, founded in the 15th century, is an important industrial area.
Hillerød at a Glance
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe