- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
Surrounded by forests, Hillerød is an ordinary small city with some extraordinary features: it's home to the lovely Frederiksborg Castle and within a short drive of the ruins of two medieval monasteries, at Æbelholt and Esrum. Nowadays the town, founded in the 15th century, is an important industrial area.
Hillerød at a Glance
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's