- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
Fredensborg means "town of peace," earning the name after a peace treaty ending the Great Northern War was signed here in 1720. Fredensborg Castle, also known as Fredensborg Slot, is the unofficial favorite residence of the Danish royal family and a frequent site of elaborate state dinners. On its grounds is a historical baroque garden and nearby is Lake Esrum.
Fredensborg at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe