Zealand Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's New Zealand
The goddess Gefion is said to have carved Zealand (Sjælland) from Sweden. If she did, she must have sliced the north deep with a fjord, while she chopped the south to pieces and left the sides bowing west. Though the coasts are deeply serrated, Gefion's myth is more dramatic than the flat, fertile land of rich meadows and beech stands.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Zealand restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in Zealand
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- Book Now & Save! Flights to Copenhagen From 505 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Book 71 Nyhavn in May: Stay 1 Night and Save 30% on Your Stay! Save with Expedia, $202/night less
- Visit Copenhagen for Less: Hotels Fr $189+/Nt Travelocity
- Hot Deal on a 12 Nt Cruise! Holland America Line Fr $1,799 Expedia
- Destination Denmar! Travel to Copenhagen From $947 RT — $947+ STA Travel
Swimming in the surf, strolling through small towns, sun-drenched weekend trips...summer is unofficially... Read more
Worried about your rights as a cruise ship passenger?... Read more
They say that if you put it in a tortilla, Los Angeles will eat it.... Read more
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Now59° F Light Rain 67% Humidity May 26, 2013 at 3:50AM
Check historic weather for your trip datesArriving:
Places To Explore
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Friday afternoon-Our family planned a weekend trip to Copenhagen in April. Read more
So, I'm back from my amazing 3 week trip in Scandinavia with my dad. It was epic! And since not many people on this board know the finer details of traversing these beautiful countries I thought I share Read more