Located within the peaceful Dyrehaven, Bakken is the world's oldest amusement park (since 1583!) and one of Denmark's most popular attractions. Here a mostly working-class crowd lunches on hot dogs and cotton candy. Tivoli, with its trimmed hedges, dazzling firework displays, and evening concerts, is still Copenhagen's reigning queen, but unpretentious Bakken is unabashedly about having a good time. Bakken has more than 30 rides, from quaint, rickety roller coasters (free of Disney gloss) to newer, faster rides to little-kid favorites such as Kaffekoppen, the Danish version of twirling teacups, where you sit in traditional Royal Copenhagen–style blue-and-white coffee cups.
- Address: Dyrehavevej 62, Klampenborg, 2930 | Map It
- Phone: 39/63–35–44
- Cost: Entry: Free. Rides pass: DKr 249 (full day in peak season)
- Hours: Mid-Mar.–Sept. Opening hrs vary from noon to 10 or midnight and from 2 to 10, 11, or midnight; call for details.
- Website: www.bakken.dk
- Location: Klampenborg, Bakken and Dyrehaven
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We just spent 6 days in Copenhagen and 1 in Malmo. Read more
I'm going to start this report with a high-level overview of the trip, then add details as I have time. Read more
I'm looking for hotels in Bergen, Stockholm and Copenhagen. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more