Klampenborg, Bakken and Dyrehaven
As you follow the beautiful coast north of Copenhagen, you'll come upon the wealthy enclave of Klampenborg. Flocks of deer munch away on the well-kept soccer pitches in Dyrehaven—the "animal garden" that was planned as official royal hunting terrain in the 1670s—while sausages, lollypops, and beers are eagerly consumed by roller coaster–fatigued revelers in the amusement park of Bakken.
Klampenborg, Bakken and Dyrehaven at a Glance
Elsewhere in Side Trips from Copenhagen
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe