Dragør and Store Magleby
On the island of Amager, less than a half hour from Copenhagen, the quaint fishing towns of Dragør (pronounced drah-wer) and Store Magleby feel far away in distance and time. The two adjacent villages are part of Dragør municipality. If it weren't for the planes whizzing to and from the nearby Copenhagen Airport, then the bobbing wooden boats, cobbled streets, small squares, and well-preserved thatched-roof houses might make you think you'd gone back in time.
Dragør and Store Magleby at a Glance
Elsewhere in Side Trips from Copenhagen
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's