Dragør and Store Magleby
On the island of Amager, less than a half hour from Copenhagen, the quaint fishing towns of Dragør (pronounced drah-wer) and Store Magleby feel far away in distance and time. The two adjacent villages are part of Dragør municipality. Were it not for the planes whizzing to and from the nearby Copenhagen Airport, bobbing wooden boats, cobbled streets, small squares, and well-preserved thatched-roof houses would create the illusion of time travel.
Dragør and Store Magleby at a Glance
Elsewhere in Side Trips from Copenhagen
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe