- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
From Kolding, head south on Route E45 through Åbenrå and take Exit 71 to Route 41 to Sønderborg. The drive should take 1 hour and 30 minutes. X-bus runs from Kolding to Sønderborg regularly throughout the day; it costs DKr 126 for the 1-hour-and-45-minute trip. In Sønderborg, Sydrafik buses will take you around town for DKr 30 (adult, one-way).
The DSB train from Copenhagen to Sønderborg, which stops at Kolding along the way, runs every two hours and costs approximately DKr 200 (or DKr 129 for the 1½-hour trip from Kolding to Sønderborg).
Cimber Air is the only direct carrier from Copenhagen to Sønderborg. Flights cost approximately DKr 1,200 and take 45 minutes. Car rental is available at the airport and at Europcar in Sonderborg.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe