- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
In the southwestern corner of Jutland, the country's oldest town is well worth the detour for its medieval center preserved by the Danish National Trust. As you stroll around, note the detailed doors and facades of the buildings and the antique streetlights. From May to mid-September a night watchman circles the town, recalling its history and singing traditional songs. If you want to accompany him, gather at the main square at 10 pm.
Ribe at a Glance
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe