- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
Lindholm Høje Review
Just north of Aalborg at Nørresundby (still considered a part of greater Aalborg) is Lindholm Høje, a Viking and Iron Age burial ground where stones placed either in the shape of a ship or in triangles denote where men were buried; oval and circular groups of stones show where women were buried. In total, there are about 682 graves dating from AD 400 to shortly before AD 1000. At the bottom of the hill there is a museum that chronicles Viking civilization.
The Viking Drama is a musical and dramatic performance about the daily lives of the Vikings, held on the grounds of Lindholm Høje. It's performed in Danish, but the music, singing, dancing, and costumes don't need any translation. The show is performed mid-June through the month's end only at 7 pm on weekdays, 4:30 and 11 pm on Saturday, and 4:30 on Sunday. 98/17–33–73. www.lindholmvikingespil.dk. DKr 80.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We just spent 6 days in Copenhagen and 1 in Malmo. Read more
I'm going to start this report with a high-level overview of the trip, then add details as I have time. Read more
Friday afternoon-Our family planned a weekend trip to Copenhagen in April. Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate ... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more