- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
Århus is Denmark's second-largest city, and, with its funky arts and college community, one of the country's most pleasant. Cutting through the center of town is a canal called the Århus Å (Århus Creek). It used to run underground, but was uncovered a few years ago. Since then, an amalgam of bars, cafés, and restaurants has sprouted along its banks, creating lively thoroughfares. At all hours of the day and night this waterfront strip is abuzz with crowds that hang out on the outdoor terraces and steps that lead down to the creek.
The VisitÅrhus tourist office has information about the Århus Passport, which includes passage on buses, free or discounted admission to the 12 most popular museums and sites in the city, and tours.
Århus at a Glance
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Aalborg Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $168+/Nt Save with Expedia, $7/night less
- Aalborg Savings! Book at BEST WESTERN Scheelsminde Fr $194+/Nt Expedia
- Book in Aarhus Fr $88+/Nt — $88 Save with Hotels.com, $7/night less
- Aarhus Savings! Book at Mercur Fr $133+/Nt — $133 Expedia
- Explore Aarhus For Less! Book Fr $84+/Nt — $84 Save with Hotels.com, $28/night less