- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
Århus is Denmark's second-largest city, and, with its funky arts and college community, one of the country's most pleasant. Cutting through the center of town is a canal called the Århus Å (Århus Creek). It used to run underground, but was uncovered a few years ago. Since then, an amalgam of bars, cafés, and restaurants has sprouted along its banks, creating lively thoroughfares. At all hours of the day and night this waterfront strip is abuzz with crowds that hang out on the outdoor terraces and steps that lead down to the creek.
The VisitÅrhus tourist office has information about the Århus Passport, which includes passage on buses, free or discounted admission to the 12 most popular museums and sites in the city, and tours.
Århus at a Glance
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book in Aalborg: Save this Jun Fr $123+/Nt Save with Expedia, $17/night less
- Book in Aalborg: Save this Jun Fr $207+/Nt Save with Expedia, $23/night less
- Save Big This Jun! Book 3 Nts at Helnan Phonix Fr $171+/Nt — $171 Save with Expedia, $6/night less
- 4-Star Radisson Blu Scandinavia , Aarhus Fr $319+/Nt — $319 Save with Hotels.com, $36/night less
- Book the Helnan Marselis 3 Nts in Jun Fr $193+/Nt — $193 Save with Expedia, $17/night less