- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
From Silkeborg, drive east on Route 15 toward Århus, then north on E45 to Aalborg. The drive takes 1 hour and 40 minutes. City Bus 960X runs from Silkeborg to Aalborg. The ride takes just over two hours and costs DKr 162.
There's also a DSB train that runs between Silkeborg and Aalborg every hour. With an easy transfer in Skanderborg, the trip takes 2 hours and 20 minutes and costs DKr 216. Trains to Aalborg leave twice an hour from Copenhagen and take approximately five hours. A one-way ticket costs DKr 348.
Cimber and SAS have flights from Copenhagen to Aalborg several times a day, with tickets ranging DKr 300-DKr 2,000. Flights take approximately 45 minutes. Taxis and buses connect Aalborg Airport 7 km (4 mi) southeast of the city. A taxi costs around DKr 175 and takes roughly 10 minutes.
Nordjyllands Trafikselskab has buses connecting the airport to towns near Aalborg as well as those that take you around the city and its environs. Long-distance bus routes from Aalborg to Copenhagen (five hours) are available through Abildskou and cost approximately DKr 310.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book the BEST WESTERN Scheelsminde 3 Nts in May Fr $190+/Nt Expedia
- Save in Aalborg: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $165+/Nt Save with Expedia, $6/night less
- Super Low Aarhus Rate: Book Fr $82+/Nt — $82 Save with Hotels.com, $58/night less
- Book in Aarhus: Save at the Mercur in May Fr $130+/Nt — $130 Save with Expedia, $34/night less
- Save $$ in Aarhus: Book Fr $87+/Nt — $87 Save with Hotels.com, $7/night less