- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
From Silkeborg, drive east on Route 15 toward Århus, then north on E45 to Aalborg. The drive takes 1 hour and 40 minutes. City Bus 960X runs from Silkeborg to Aalborg. The ride takes just over two hours and costs DKr 162.
There's also a DSB train that runs between Silkeborg and Aalborg every hour. With an easy transfer in Skanderborg, the trip takes 2 hours and 20 minutes and costs DKr 216. Trains to Aalborg leave twice an hour from Copenhagen and take approximately five hours. A one-way ticket costs DKr 348.
Cimber and SAS have flights from Copenhagen to Aalborg several times a day, with tickets ranging DKr 300-DKr 2,000. Flights take approximately 45 minutes. Taxis and buses connect Aalborg Airport 7 km (4 mi) southeast of the city. A taxi costs around DKr 175 and takes roughly 10 minutes.
Nordjyllands Trafikselskab has buses connecting the airport to towns near Aalborg as well as those that take you around the city and its environs. Long-distance bus routes from Aalborg to Copenhagen (five hours) are available through Abildskou and cost approximately DKr 310.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe