Jutland Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
Jutland (Jylland), Denmark's western peninsula, is the only part of the country naturally connected to mainland Europe; its southern boundry is the frontier with Germany. In contrast to the smooth land of Funen and Zealand, the Ice Age-chiseled peninsula is bisected at the north by the craggy Limfjord and spiked below by the Danish "mountains." Himmelbjerget, the zenith of this modest range, peaks at 438 feet. Farther south, the Yding Skovhøj plateau rises 568 feet—modest hills just about anywhere else. The windswept landscapes trace the west coast north to Skagen, a luminous, dune-covered point.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Jutland restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in Jutland
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- Book the Helnan Phonix 3 Nts in May Fr $168+/Nt Save with Expedia, $7/night less
- Book in Aalborg: Save this May Fr $194+/Nt Expedia
- Explore Aarhus For Less! Book Fr $84+/Nt — $84 Save with Hotels.com, $28/night less
- Book 4-Star Radisson Blu Scandinavia , Aarhus Fr $205+/Nt — $205 Save with Expedia, $23/night less
- Book in Aarhus Fr $88+/Nt — $88 Save with Hotels.com, $7/night less
From major airline uniform upgrades to tips from the jet set on doing Paris right, this was a very chic... Read more
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more
Viking Ocean Cruises to debut in May 2015 with a small ship, all-inclusive experience in Scandinavia and... Read more
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Now59° F Partly Cloudy 77% Humidity May 18, 2013 at 10:50PM
Check historic weather for your trip datesArriving:
Places To Explore
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Friday afternoon-Our family planned a weekend trip to Copenhagen in April. Read more
So, I'm back from my amazing 3 week trip in Scandinavia with my dad. It was epic! And since not many people on this board know the finer details of traversing these beautiful countries I thought I share Read more
We are a group of Danish students that would really appreciate if you would take 1 minute of your time to answer this questionnaire.
Our goal is to get some information on traveling habits of backpackers Read more