Jutland Travel Guide
Plan Your Jutland Vacation
Jutland (Jylland), Denmark's western peninsula, is the only part of the country naturally connected to mainland Europe; its southern boundary is the frontier with Germany. In contrast to the smooth land of Funen and Zealand, the Ice Age–chiseled peninsula is bisected at the north by the craggy Limfjord and spiked below by the Danish "mountains." Himmelbjerget, the zenith of this modest range, peaks at 438 feet. Farther south, the Yding Skovhøj plateau rises 568 feet—modest hills just about anywhere else. The windswept landscape traces the west coast north to Skagen, a luminous, dune-covered point.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Jutland restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in Jutland
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- Helnan Marselis on Sale: Book 3 Nts in Apr Fr $185+/Nt Expedia
- Visit Billund for Less: Hotels Fr $134+/Nt Save with Expedia, $33/night less
- Visit Billund for Less: Hotels Fr $130+/Nt Save with Expedia, $32/night less
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We are two extremely fortunate parents. Our Tween and Teen truly enjoy spending time with us, and the feeling is mutual. With The Teen̵... Read more
We just spent 6 days in Copenhagen and 1 in Malmo. Our photos are posted at Garyandsusan.shutterfly.com. We stayed at the Clarion Collect... Read more