- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
Svendborg is Funen's second-largest town and one of the country's most important cruise harbors. It celebrates its eight-centuries-old maritime traditions every July, when old Danish wooden ships congregate in the harbor for the circular Funen rundt, or regatta. Play your cards right, and you might hitch aboard and shuttle between towns. Contact the tourist board or any agreeable captain. With many charter-boat options and good marinas, Svendborg is an excellent base from which to explore the hundreds of islands of the South Funen archipelago.
Svendborg at a Glance
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Save in Odense: Book 3 Nts in Jun at AnsGar Fr $144+/Nt Expedia
- Odense Savings! Book 3 Nts in Jun at Plaza Fr $162+/Nt Expedia
- Book 4-Star Radisson Blu H.C. Andersen , Odense Fr $143+/Nt — $143 Save with Expedia, $23/night less