Getting Here and Around
Direct trains from Copenhagen's main station depart for the 90-minute trip to Odense every half-hour and cost DKr 180. You can also take the train to Odense direct from Copenhagen airport. The Odense station is central, close to hotels and sights. If you're traveling from Copenhagen to Odense by car, you'll want to take E20 heading west. If you're traveling from the north or south of Denmark, take E45.
Linie 888 runs the only bus service connecting Copenhagen and Odense. The ride takes approximately two hours and costs DKr 110. It travels once a day, six days a week from Copenhagen to Odense and on Monday, Friday, and Sunday from Odense to Copenhagen. Bytrafik runs the bus system within Odense. The Odense tourist office has a helpful map of cycle routes in and around Odense. You can rent bikes through City Cykler in Odense or at several hotels.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe