- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Christiansborg Slot Review
Surrounded by canals on three sides, the massive granite Christiansborg Castle is where the queen officially receives guests. From 1441 until the fire of 1795, it was used as the royal residence. Even though the first two castles on the site were burned, Christiansborg remains an impressive neobaroque and neoclassical compound. It now houses parliament and the prime minister's office.
Kongelige Repræsantationslokaler. At the Kongelige Repræsentationslokaler, you're asked to don slippers to protect the floors in this impossibly grand space. Christiansborg Slot, Slotsholmen. 33/92–64–92. DKr 70. Tours: May–Sept., daily at 3, Oct.–Apr., Tues–Sun., 3.
Ruins of Bishop Absalon's castle. While Christiansborg was being rebuilt around 1900, the national museum excavated the ruins of Bishop Absalon's castle beneath it. The resulting dark, subterranean maze contains fascinating models and architectural relics. Christiansborg Slot, Slotsholmen. 33/92–64–92. DKr 40. May–Sept., daily 10–5; Oct.–Apr., Tues.–Sun., 10–5.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We just spent 6 days in Copenhagen and 1 in Malmo. Read more
I'm going to start this report with a high-level overview of the trip, then add details as I have time. Read more
I'm looking for hotels in Bergen, Stockholm and Copenhagen. Read more