At the end of Amaliegade, the beautiful Churchill Park surrounds the spired Anglican church St. Alban's. From here, walk north on the main path to reach the fortification of Kastellet. The peaceful walking paths, grazing sheep, and greenery welcome joggers and lovebirds to this still-operative military structure. Built in the aftermath of the Swedish siege of the city on February 10, 1659, the double moats were among the improvements made to the city's defense. The Citadel
served as the city's main fortress into the 18th century; in a grim reversal during World War II, the Germans used it as headquarters during their occupation.
Kastellet 68, Copenhagen, 2100, Denmark