- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
If you're nostalgic for 1960s counterculture, head to this anarchists' commune. You can walk here from Christianshavn: take Torvegade and make a left on Prinsessegade, which takes you to the main gate. You can also take Bus 2A from Rådhuspladsen, Tivoli, Christiansborg, and Christianshavn Station. Founded in 1971, when students occupied army barracks, it's now a peaceful community of nonconformists who run a number of businesses, including a bike shop, a rock-music club, and good organic eateries. Wall cartoons preach drugs and peace, but the inhabitants are less fond of cameras—picture-taking is forbidden. A group of residents recount their experiences as well as the history of Christiania on daily English-language tours conducted weekends year-round and daily from June 26 through August 31. Tours depart at 3 from the main gate and are 1- to 1½-hours long. They cost DKr 40 per person and are a great way to discover the nooks and crannies of this quirky community.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We just spent 6 days in Copenhagen and 1 in Malmo. Read more
I'm going to start this report with a high-level overview of the trip, then add details as I have time. Read more
I will be in Copenhagen from 18th to 21st april. Read more