- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- large rooms
- living history
- a sleek casino
- costly extras
- rooms are opulent but not that modern
Check Rates from our Partners
Grandhotel Pupp Review
The granddaddy of them all, this is one of Central Europe's most famous resorts, going back some 200 years. Under the Communists, when the hotel was called "Grandhotel Moskva," it was neglected but now has returned to its high standards. So much so, in fact, that it was the stand-in for the Montenegro casino in the Bond flick Casino Royale. The baroque-style rooms are quite large, and come well furnished with a big tub and a flat-screen TV. Be warned, though, that extras (like Internet access) don't come cheap. For much of the cost-no-object clientele, it's beside the point. Every July the Pupp houses international movie stars in town for the Karlovy Vary International Film Festival (you'll see their photos in the hallways). The hotel is split into two connected parts: five-star Grandhotel Pupp de Luxe and the slightly cheaper four-star Grandhotel Pupp First Class.
- Address: Mírové nám. 2, Karlovy Vary, Bohemia 360 91 | Map It
- Phone: 353–109–631
- Website: www.pupp.cz
- Location: Karlovy Vary
- Grandhotel Pupp de Luxe: 76 rooms, 35 suites; Grandhotel Pupp First Class: 106 rooms, 11 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
There are several refrences to Trip Advisor mainly because the folk i met were folk i had arranged to meet through TA or folk I have previously met through the TA forums.I hope you enjoy it.It is not a Read more
Hey guys, we just came back from Prague. Read more
We will be taking the train from Prague to Dresden. Read more
· News & Features
Visit the mysterious Land of the Golden Pagodas—Myanmar—with AmaWaterways, starting in Novembe... Read more
'Tis the season at London Heathrow, which almost seems like a giant shopping mall with an airport attached.... Read more
Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey.... Read more