- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- large rooms
- living history
- a sleek casino
- costly extras
- rooms are opulent but not that modern
Check Rates from our Partners
Grandhotel Pupp Review
The granddaddy of them all, this is one of Central Europe's most famous resorts, going back some 200 years. Under the Communists, when the hotel was called "Grandhotel Moskva," standards and service slipped, but the highly professional management has more than made up for the decades of neglect. So much so, in fact, that it was the stand-in for the Montenegro casino in the Bond flick Casino Royale. The baroque-style rooms are quite large, and come well furnished with a big tub and a flat-screen TV. Be warned, though, that extras (like Internet access) don't come cheap. For much of the cost-no-object clientele, it's beside the point. Every July the Pupp houses international movie stars in town for the Karlovy Vary International Film Festival (you'll see their photos in the hallways). The hotel is split into two connected parts: five-star Grandhotel Pupp de Luxe and the slightly cheaper four-star Grandhotel Pupp First Class.
- Address: Mírové nám. 2, Karlovy Vary, Bohemia 360 91 | Map It
- Phone: 353-109-631
- Website: www.pupp.cz
- Location: Karlovy Vary
- Grandhotel Pupp de Luxe: 76 rooms, 35 suites; Grandhotel Pupp First Class: 106 rooms, 11 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Czech Republic Experience IExplore
- $499 & up -- Transatlantic Cruises to Europe, Save $100 Norwegian Cruise Line
- Regal Central Europe IExplore
- Regal Central Europe — $9,895 IExplore
part one of my trip report of my recent vist to Prague. Read more
A bit off the regular Fodor’s tourist path, but I thought I would share nonetheless for anyone looking for something a little different.
Our daughter’s school’s band and strings program Read more
So those that have been with me from the start you will already know some of this but for those that don't here we go:
In June I am travelling to Europe with my two children (2 & 4) for 4/5weeks with Read more
· News & Features
Niagara Falls is a bucket-list-worthy sight to behold, whether you're ogling it from the Canada side, ... Read more
A sculpture of a Greek goddess welcomes you in from the streets of London's Soho neighborhood.... Read more
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's... Read more