- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- large rooms
- living history
- a sleek casino
- costly extras
- rooms are opulent but not that modern
Check Rates from our Partners
Grandhotel Pupp Review
The granddaddy of them all, this is one of Central Europe's most famous resorts, going back some 200 years. Under the Communists, when the hotel was called "Grandhotel Moskva," it was neglected but now has returned to its high standards. So much so, in fact, that it was the stand-in for the Montenegro casino in the Bond flick Casino Royale. The baroque-style rooms are quite large, and come well furnished with a big tub and a flat-screen TV. Be warned, though, that extras (like Internet access) don't come cheap. For much of the cost-no-object clientele, it's beside the point. Every July the Pupp houses international movie stars in town for the Karlovy Vary International Film Festival (you'll see their photos in the hallways). The hotel is split into two connected parts: five-star Grandhotel Pupp de Luxe and the slightly cheaper four-star Grandhotel Pupp First Class.
- Address: Mírové nám. 2, Karlovy Vary, Bohemia 360 91 | Map It
- Phone: 353–109–631
- Website: www.pupp.cz
- Location: Karlovy Vary
- Grandhotel Pupp de Luxe: 76 rooms, 35 suites; Grandhotel Pupp First Class: 106 rooms, 11 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is a long overdue trip report on our first trip to Europe during summer 2013.
A little background: We are a family with two little girls, 6 and 4 years of age, who have traveled extensively in Asia Read more
In the Easter holidays in 2013 we decided to go on a road trip in Europe, and picked out some countries. Read more
Hi, there. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more