Western Bohemia Hotels
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Western Bohemia Hotel Reviews
The quality of hotels in Western Bohemia is on a par with those in Prague (something that can't be said about some other parts of the country) and three- and four-star establishments have standard amenities, including satellite TV, room phones, and private bathrooms (and sometimes even wireless Internet). One difference from the hotels in Prague: The peak season is shorter, running from May through September. Another difference: The staff tends to speak a very limited amount of English—German and Russian (particularly in Karlovy Vary) are much more common, in keeping with the majority of visitors. Prices have risen dramatically in recent years, making private accommodation a more attractive offer. The local tourist offices usually keep lists of pensions and private rooms. In addition to value-added tax (V.A.T.), there is also a "spa tax" of about 15 Kč per day for accomodation in spa facilities.
Browse Western Bohemia Hotels
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe