- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Direct buses and trains to Tábor are available and both take about 1½ hours. Buses leave from the Florenc station and cost about 90 Kč, while the train will cost about 150 Kč and departs from Hlavní nádraží. By car, the distance is about 90 km (56 mi), and should take a little more than an hour. You'll take the E 55 heading south toward České Budějovice.
Tábor is rarely overrun with tourists, which makes it a relaxing place to see. It's a popular spot with cyclists, and summers always brings a few more people. The South Bohemian Music Festival is held each July. There's also a Christmas market in December. Their big event is the Tábor Meeting Days, held at the beginning of September. This fun medieval festival is incredibly popular. Crafts, music, entertainers, and food all pack into the main square; there's even a parade.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe