- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
In a country overrun with castles, Zvíkov lays claim to being the most famous early Gothic one. Everyone needs its marketing hook, but Zvíkov is interesting enough thanks to its location on two rivers and its authenticity. Unlike many other castles in Bohemia, this one survived the 18th and 19th centuries without renovation, and still looks exactly as it did 500 years ago. If you have the time, you can cycle here from Písek or jump on a boat and float downriver to another nearby castle, Orlík.
- Address: Rte. 138, 18 km (11 mi) north of Písek, Písek, Bohemia 397 01 | Map It
- Phone: 382–285–676
- Cost: 70 Kč
- Hours: May and Sept., Tues.–Sun. 9:30–noon and 1–4; June, Tues.–Sat. 9–noon and 1–5; July and Aug., daily 9–5; Apr. and Oct., weekends 9:30–noon and 1–3:30
- Website: www.hrad-zvikov.eu
- Location: Písek
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is a long overdue trip report on our first trip to Europe during summer 2013.
A little background: We are a family with two little girls, 6 and 4 years of age, who have traveled extensively in Asia Read more
In the Easter holidays in 2013 we decided to go on a road trip in Europe, and picked out some countries. Read more
Hi, there. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more