- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Hrad Rožmberk (Rosenberg Castle)
Hrad Rožmberk (Rosenberg Castle) Review
This sprawling castle overlooks the Vltava River, about 20 km (12 mi) south of Český Krumlov. Inside, on the main tour, you'll see a mix of Romantic and Renaissance interiors; portraits of crusaders; and the Rosenberg Hall, dedicated to the family's history. The second route shows the apartments of aristocrats. The English Tower is a 200-step climb, and rewards with beautiful vistas of the countryside. Buses run from Český Krumlov's main depot, but are infrequent on weekends. Legend has it that the ghost of a White Lady appears from time to time.
- Address: Rožmberk nad Vltavou, Bohemia 382 18
- Phone: 380–749–838
- Cost: Route 1: 180 Kč; route 2: 130 Kč; tower only: 40 Kč; combined ticket routes 1 and 2: 290 Kč
- Hours: Nov.–Mar., Tues,–Fri, at 11 and 1, weekends 10–3 (start of last tour); Apr. and Oct., Tues,–Fri, at 11 and 1, weekends 10–3:30; May and Sept.. Tues,–Sun. 9–3:30; June, Tues,–Sun. 9–4:30; July and Aug., Tues.–Sun. 9–5.
- Website: www.hrad-rozmberk.eu
- Location: Český Krumlov
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This is a long overdue trip report on our first trip to Europe during summer 2013.
A little background: We are a family with two little girls, 6 and 4 years of age, who have traveled extensively in Asia Read more
In the Easter holidays in 2013 we decided to go on a road trip in Europe, and picked out some countries. Read more
We will be traveling from Brno to Budapest in June. Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail ... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more