- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Prague & the Best of the Czech Republic
Hrad Rožmberk (Rosenberg Castle)
Hrad Rožmberk (Rosenberg Castle) Review
This sprawling castle overlooks the Vltava River, about 20 km (12 mi) south of Český Krumlov. Inside, on the main tour, you'll see a mix of Romantic and Renaissance interiors; portraits of crusaders; and the Rosenberg Hall, dedicated to the family's history. The second route shows the apartments of aristocrats. The English Tower is a 200-step climb, and rewards with beautiful vistas of the countryside. Buses run from Český Krumlov's main depot, but are infrequent on weekends. Legend has it that the ghost of a White Lady appears from time to time.
- Address: Rožmberk nad Vltavou, Bohemia 382 18
- Phone: 380–749–838
- Cost: Route 1: 180 Kč; route 2: 130 Kč; tower only: 40 Kč; combined ticket routes 1 and 2: 290 Kč
- Hours: Nov.–Mar., Tues,–Fri, at 11 and 1, weekends 10–3 (start of last tour); Apr. and Oct., Tues,–Fri, at 11 and 1, weekends 10–3:30; May and Sept.. Tues,–Sun. 9–3:30; June, Tues,–Sun. 9–4:30; July and Aug., Tues.–Sun. 9–5.
- Website: www.hrad-rozmberk.eu
- Location: Český Krumlov
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In the Easter holidays in 2013 we decided to go on a road trip in Europe, and picked out some countries. Read more
Firstly, here's my blog page link: http://ashwinbahulkar.wordpress.com/my-travels-2/central-europe-austria-and-czech-republic/austria-and-prague/
It has quite a few pictures.
And I would like to thank Read more
Thanks in advance for all your help.
I'm turning 40 in a few weeks and decided I want to head to Europe for two or three weeks. I've been to Turkey, Bulgaria, UK, France. I want to explore some new areas. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more