- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
There's no direct train from Prague to Písek. Buses leave from the Na Knížecí station, and will take you there for around 110 Kč in approximately two hours. If you drive, the trip should take no more than 90 minutes.
Písek means "sand," and back before the city was a city, people used to pan for gold in the river. From mid-May to the beginning of June the city has sand sculptures on display, honoring their namesake. There's a town festival every June and a folklore festival at the end of August.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe