- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Písek is a bit of a surprise. It used to be that people came for one thing: Písek's 700-year-old Gothic bridge peopled with baroque statues. But a recent infusion of European Union funds has introduced some beautiful upgrades. The former mill and power station is now a museum dedicated to electricity, and a former malt house is a cultural house and art museum. There’s a promenade that runs along the river beside the old city wall, and the square around the church is nothing short of lovely. They’ve changed the former Gothic moat into a tiny park, and even the city museum displays some interesting finds.
Písek at a Glance
Elsewhere in Southern Bohemia
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's