- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Jindrichuv Hradec is about three hours from Prague by bus; buses leave from either the Florenc or Roztyly stations and cost about 155 Kc. The train from Hlavní nádrazí (main station) will require a change at Veselí and takes 15 minutes longer than the bus. It also costs more, about 200 Kc.
A laid-back vibe flows through Jindrichuv Hradec. Winters feel isolated, but summers bring lots of cyclists to the area. The Day of the City festival is held at the castle every June, while the big summertime festivities happen during the Folk Rose Festival in mid-July.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Enjoy the Czech Republic! Flights to Prague From 515 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Save in Prague: Book 3 Nts in May at Vitkov Fr $51+/Nt Expedia
- Visit Prague for Less: Hotels Fr $109+/Nt Travelocity
- 4-Star Prague Sale! 4 Nts + Air Fr $1123 Expedia
- Hot Deal on a 9 Nt Cruise! Viking River Cruises Fr $2,706 Expedia