- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Jindřichův Hradec is about three hours from Prague by bus; buses leave from either the Florenc or Roztyly stations and cost about 155 Kč. The train from Hlavní nádraží (main station) will require a change at Veselí and takes 15 minutes longer than the bus. It also costs more, about 200 Kč.
A laid-back vibe flows through Jindřichův Hradec. Winters feel isolated, but summers bring lots of cyclists to the area. The Day of the City festival is held at the castle every June, while the big summertime festivities happen during the Folk Rose Festival in mid-July.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe