- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The journey from Prague to Hluboká—either by train from the Hlavní nádrazí (main station) or by bus from the Florenc station—is 2½ hours unless you get one of the local connections that stops in every small town (in which case the trip takes 3½ hours). The train ticket costs about 225 Kc, the bus ticket 160 Kc; both require a change in Ceské Budejovice. You may find it more convenient to stay overnight in Ceské Budejovice and see the castle in the morning after a 10-minute train trip. Alternatively, there's a 10-km cycle path.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $499 & up -- Transatlantic Cruises to Europe, Save $100 Norwegian Cruise Line