- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The trip to Ceské Budejovice from Prague takes about two hours by either bus or train. Be careful to choose a rychlík (express train) not an osobní (passenger train), which would make your journey four hours. Trains leave from the Hlavní nádrazí (main station) and cost about 220 Kc; buses leave from both Florenc and Na Knízecí and cost 170 Kc. Car travel affords the greatest ease and flexibility. Ceské Budejovice lies on the main artery through the region, the two-lane E55 south from Prague, which, though often crowded, is in relatively good shape. The journey by car should take no more than about 2½ hours.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $499 & up -- Transatlantic Cruises to Europe, Save $100 Norwegian Cruise Line