- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Hidden on a side street off Ujezd, Artisan is a secret spot worth the trouble it takes to find. (Look for signs pointing the way from the tram stop.) Decorated with muted earth tones and indirect lighting, it can feel a little dark, but the food brightens the experience. Aran Halvorsen, the owner of beloved Czech-Mex spot Banditos, expanded his repertoire here with more ambitious, globally inspired dishes. Case in point, the Thai chicken salad that's crunchy, spicy, and not too sweet. Solid bets are the open-faced ravioli with duck ragout and the hickory-smoked hamburger. Hit this venue at lunch, when the outdoor patio in a courtyard is a treat and there's a 135 Kc, three-course business menu.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $499 & up -- Transatlantic Cruises to Europe, Save $100 Norwegian Cruise Line
part one of my trip report of my recent vist to Prague. Read more
A bit off the regular Fodor’s tourist path, but I thought I would share nonetheless for anyone looking for something a little different.
Our daughter’s school’s band and strings program Read more
Hey guys !
I'm a young female traveler preparing for a one month trip in eastern europe. I've been several times to Romania since I'm from there but I've always wanted to have a broader taste of that pa Read more
· News & Features
Prague is a hot destination in summer months.... Read more
From chic new hotels to can't-miss art events, the season's top destinations are blossoming with fresh... Read more
If you've been to Europe, you undoubtedly have a favorite square, whether it's a piazza, campo, place,... Read more